1. Material on this web site -www.dapc.info is for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you have regarding medical conditions. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it because of something you have read on this web site.
2. Diabetes Association of Pierce County (DAPC) does not monitor or endorse, and is not responsible for any agency, research project, support group, class or event except for the events in which DAPC is the sponsoring agent, e.g. Panther Day Camp, diabetes self-care workshops, and public detection screenings.
3. Readers may not alter the contents of any literature on the web site. However, readers may download and make copies of literature to share with others, e.g. patients.
4. Selling for profit downloaded literature is prohibited. However, readers may charge to recover the cost of printing literature they will give to others, e.g. patients.
Send mail to: DAPC; PO Box 110427; Tacoma, WA; 98411-0427, with questions or comments about this web site.
We offer workshops for children and their parents teaching nutrition and exercise to promote a healthy lifestyle. The program is designed to help children develop critical thinking regarding their body's nutritional needs.
Please call our office at : (253) 272-5134 for more information.
Free Diabetes Self-Care Skills Workshops
Topics to be covered include: Carbohydrate counting, how to read a food label, blood glucose monitoring, physical activity, treatment of high and low blood sugars, sick day care and how does good control help.
Call for reservation (253) 272-5134
3) Tuesday, October 16, 2018 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM in Tacoma.
These trainings are possible thanks to the generous support of our sponsors:
DECK provides training and certification to personnel who are a part of a child's day to day care, particularly during school hours. (children living with type 1 diabetes.)
Please Call our office at : (253)272-5134 for details.